Hindi Diwas 2023: 14 September Hindi Diwas is a day of pleasure for each Indian. Hindi Diwas is being celebrated with nice enthusiasm and zeal in colleges, faculties and authorities places of work throughout the nation. Hindi is just not solely our mom tongue however it’s a image of nationwide id and pleasure. It’s Hindi which eliminates the variations of faith, caste, language and tradition of the nation. Hindi removes the distances within the hearts of individuals from totally different areas and retains everybody sure within the thread of unity. Hindi Diwas or Nationwide Hindi Day is widely known yearly on 14 September in India to mark the day Hindi was adopted as an official language by the Constituent Meeting of India within the yr 1949. It was determined to rejoice this present day as Hindi Diwas by the primary Prime Minister of India, Jawaharlal Nehru.
Learn right here 10 fascinating issues associated to Hindi
1. Hindi couldn’t turn out to be the nationwide language of the nation resulting from division of votes.
Father of the Nation Mahatma Gandhi had referred to as Hindi the language of the plenty. He needed Hindi to turn out to be the nationwide language. Within the Hindi Sahitya Sammelan organized in 1918, he had requested to make Hindi the nationwide language. After independence, after an extended dialogue, lastly on 14 September 1949, the choice was taken within the Constituent Meeting to make Hindi the official language. Many individuals weren’t proud of the concept of Hindi being made the nationwide language, particularly South Indians. Many stated that if everybody has to talk Hindi then what could be the which means of independence. In such a scenario Hindi couldn’t turn out to be the nationwide language. Being the official language, states use it for his or her administrative functions.
2. At present is Nationwide Hindi Day on 14th September and World Hindi Day is on tenth January.
The group of ‘World Hindi Convention’ was began in 1975 to advertise Hindi on the world stage. 122 representatives from 30 international locations participated in it. World Hindi Day can be organized yearly on 10 January to advertise Hindi globally. It was celebrated for the primary time within the yr 2006 by former Prime Minister Dr. Manmohan Singh. Its goal is to advertise Hindi language internationally.
Hindi Diwas Speech 2023: Give this simple speech on 14th September Hindi Diwas
3. Why is Hindi Day celebrated?
Two years after independence, on 14 September 1949, Hindi was declared the official language by a unanimous vote within the Constituent Meeting. After this determination, on the request of Rashtrabhasha Prachar Samiti, Wardha, to unfold Hindi in each space, 14 September began being celebrated as Hindi Day yearly throughout India since 1953. Hindi Day was celebrated within the nation for the primary time on 14 September 1953.
4. Hindi is the fourth most spoken language on the earth after Mandarin, Spanish and English.
5. The world’s most well-known Oxford Dictionary is giving place to Indian phrases yearly. Oxford self-reliance, Chaddi, Bapu, Surya Namaskar, Aadhar, Nari Shakti, Achcha, hey man!’, Bhelpuri, Churidar, Dhaba, Badmaash, Chup, Funda, Chacha, Chaudhary, Chamcha, Dadagiri, Jugaad, Pajama, Keema, Papad, It has given place to phrases like curry, chutney, avatar, cheetah, guru, gymkhana, mantra, maharaja, mughal, nirvana, pandit, thug, veranda.
6. Hindi can be spoken in lots of different international locations exterior India. There’s an island nation named Fiji within the South Pacific Ocean area the place Hindi has been given the standing of official language.
7. Aside from India, Fiji, Mauritius, Philippines, America, New Zealand, Uganda, Singapore, Nepal, Guyana, Suriname, Trinidad, Tibet, South Africa, Suriname, United Kingdom, Germany and Pakistan, however with some modifications, Hindi is spoken. And it’s understood.
8. Hindi is just not solely a language or a method of communication, but in addition a social and cultural bridge between each Indian. The significance of Hindi is obvious from the truth that Hindi is taught as a language in additional than 170 universities internationally. Hindi is being taught in additional than 150 academic establishments in America.
9. The Authorities of India established the Central Hindi Institute in 1963 for larger analysis in Hindi. The federal government supplies many awards yearly for contribution to Hindi.
10. The identify Hindi is derived from the Persian phrase ‘Hind’, which suggests the land of the Indus River. The Persian-speaking Turks who invaded the Gangetic plain and Punjab gave the identify ‘Hindi’ to the language spoken alongside the banks of the Indus River within the early eleventh century. The language can be a acknowledged minority language within the United Arab Emirates.